Corporate and Foundation Relations
John Muir Health is an ideal partner for corporations and foundations seeking a mutually beneficial relationship with a nonprofit, community-based healthcare organization that provides access to all, delivers a superior patient experience and fosters clinical excellence.
Foundation and corporate support helps strengthen our work through direct grants and matching gifts for our cancer, heart, neuroscience, comprehensive pediatric services, and our varied community services as well as our programs dedicated to promoting access to healthcare such as our Mobile Health Clinic, our Dental Mobile Clinic and our Family Medicine Residency Clinic.
Whether it's addressing health disparities in our communities, improving outcomes of patients with hard-to-beat cancers, or supporting families in times of crisis, John Muir Health works with us to address their philanthropic priorities to the benefit of our friends, families and neighbors.
Opportunities for support include:
- Research: With over 75 active clinical trials being conducted annually through John Muir Health, we are well-positioned to incorporate best practices as soon as they are identified and able to maintain strong ties to some of the world's finest academic medical centers -- all while maintaining a singular focus on our community and patients.
- Community Access: Through or community benefits program, approximately 150,000 individuals annually are able to receive the medical care they need, regardless of their ability to pay. We are also proud to announce the arrival of our first Family Medicine Residency cohort. Our family medicine program and mobile health clinic help ensure that the most vulnerable members of our community have access to quality care and wellness programs.
- Direct Care: John Muir Health's network of over 1,000 physicians and nurses cover all major areas of specialized care. Whether your interest is in pediatrics, cardiology, oncology, rehabilitation, behavioral health, elder care, or something else entirely, we are happy to work with you to find the right match for you to make an impact.
We are grateful for funding from CalMedForce:
Since 2018, thanks to Physicians for a Healthy California, John Muir Health has received funding from the CalMedForce Grant to support the Residency program. The annual funding supports an individual Resident’s salary, as well as other expenses related with maintaining the Residency program.
To find out how your organization can make an impact at John Muir Health, please contact Andrew Abesamis, Program Manager, Foundation and Government Grants at email@example.com or 925-941-2116.
John Muir Health is a recognized leader in healthcare, prized by the community for our commitment to high-quality care. By supporting John Muir Health, corporations can take advantage of high-profile sponsorship opportunities, engage with community leaders, and make a deep impact on the health and wellness of their employees, clients and neighbors. Partnering with John Muir Health means:
- Leveraging the visibility of a well-respected institution that serves over 600,000 patients annually.
- Working closely with one of the region's largest employers, with over 6,000 employees and generating over $1.5 billion in operating income.
- Supporting a robust community benefits program that contributes over $120 million annually to improving the health and wellness of our communities through initiatives such as violence prevention, free breast cancer screenings, and access to healthy foods.
We are grateful for funding from HealthNet:
Funding from Health Net has enabled John Muir to integrate a Behavioral Health team into the Family Medicine Residency program. Addressing behavioral health issues in the community is critical, and this funding from Health Net has allowed the Residents to train and become more knowledgeable on behavioral health concepts, and collaborate with the Integrated Behavioral Health team when seeing patients.
John Muir Health funding comes from a variety of sources, the majority of which comes from individual contributions and/or grants from corporations and/or foundations.
We are grateful for funding from the California Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) for providing funding through the Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Program :
Since 2017, the California Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) has partnered with John Muir Health to support the FMRP. The Song Brown Healthcare Workforce Training grant has annually enabled JMH to establish and develop the Family Residency program since its inception. The funding has primarily been utilized to support an individual Resident’s salary over the course of their 3-year residency.
To explore how support for John Muir Health can help your organization meet its goals, please contact Andrew Abesamis, Program Manager, Foundation and Government Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-941-2116.