John Muir Health Foundation is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. The types of donor information we collect and maintain are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
John Muir Health Foundation uses donors’ information to understand their interests as they relate to the mission of our organization and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. We use personal information for the following reasons:
- to establish a relationship and to communicate with donors
- to understand who our donors are and how we may improve our services to meet their preferences and expectations
- to process donations including check, credit card, stock and other transactions
- to issue a tax receipt for donations received
- to recognize our donors’ contributions
- to meet requirements imposed by law
John Muir Health Foundation will protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We will make our employees and volunteers aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information, and we will exercise care in the disposal or destruction of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.
Our methods of protection will include physical measures (for example, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices), organizational measures (for example, limiting access to minimum necessary standards), and technological measures (for example, the use of passwords and encryption).
You have the right to opt-out of receiving communications from John Muir Health Foundation at any time. Donors who wish to opt-out of Foundation communications can contact John Muir Health Foundation by phone, email, or mail and request to be removed for any or all communications.